General Data Entry
Preferences available with General Data Entry
Global Data Entry
Selecting Run-time - General Data Entry from the Application Launchpad
will* display the Open Table panel:
* This depends on the setting of Preferences
- Start-up mode (e.g. if it is set to Start with last opened table,
then this panel does not come up).
When selecting a Global data entry template it will display the Global
Data Entry window (which is almost identical to the Subledger data entry
window) with the selected template image shown in the scrollable (subject to Preferences)
data entry view. For our example, we selected the Global table Names (the New
record Procedure of this Template generated the information displayed in
the Numeric ID, Added to the list on, and File Make Up fields,
as well as the Status Prospect switch):
- The Title Bar displays the Name of the Template
- The view for the selected Input Template is filled with the selected
template design. Whether or not this view is to be scrollable is defined
with the Preferences
- Display option - Scroll options.
- The Data entry option pop-up list offers the following options:
- Add new record
this is the default setting. Enter your data and press the Save button.
- Change existing record
this option will be displayed when loading an existing record from
- Clone current record
if you wish to add a new record which is substantially similar to an
existing record, load the existing record and change the Data entry option from Change
existing record to Clone current record. Make the desired
changes and press the Save button. (The original record will remain
a new (cloned) record is added to the Record browser.)
this is a simplified, single field search alternative to the Find panel.
Enter the search value in whole or in part (Search is LIKE-enabled).
Assume you know you have records which contain the State value of "USA" and
you want to load them from the database table: if you type "US" or "USA" into
the State field it will load the records which have "US" in
the State field;
it will also load the "USA" record in response to entering "%A".
- The Find button will display the Find panel which allows the
loading of the selected record(s) into the Record Browser of the General
Data Entry window.
- The Bank of buttons displays two buttons: New and Save.
- New = click to reset all fields of the template and switch
entry option to Add new record.
- Save = click when record editing is done, whether New, Change,
or Clone. This will update the database table and list the record
on the Record browser.
- The Record browser will display each record being entered, or display
all the records that have been retrieved from the database table in response
to a Search or Find operation:
- Table > Record > New = select to reset all fields of the template
and switch the Data entry option to Add new record. This is the
same as clicking on the New button.
- Table > Record > Save = select when record editing is
done, whether New, Change, or Clone. This will update
the database table and list the record on the Record Browser. This
is the same as pressing the Save button.
- Table > Record > Delete = select to delete the record
selected in the Record Browser.
- Tools > Import = select to display External
File Import panel.
- Tools > Query = select to display Select Query panel.
This panel will list all Reports that have been designated with the Preferences Queries option
as being available for display and/or printing while working with General
- Preferences = select to display the Preferences panel offering
these views: Display
Table of Contents